Mutual Interest

Phoenix stepped out of the elevator on the observation deck, and looked around circumspectly.  The gesture stopped rigidly and abruptly as she saw Erich standing next to an Alliance officer.
 
Phoenix muttered in a controlled tone through tight lips "Erich. You asked to meet me here.  What can I do for you?"

 Erich Zufreur  spins around on his heels "And here she is now, Phee, This is Fleet Marshall Hannibal of the Alliance, He has a problem I think you could help them with."

 Flottemarschall Hannibal  slightly bows focusing on the android with his one good eye "Good to meet you."

 Phoenix  stiffens slightly, looks at the Fleet Marshall, then back at Erich. "The Alliance?"

 Erich Zufreur  nods

 Flottemarschall Hannibal : "Don't worry Ms.Phoenix, We honestly don't care about, what you do here, as long as the UBC doesn't catch wind consider us allies."


 Phoenix : "Alliances are based on mutual interest. What mutual interest do we have?"


 Flottemarschall Hannibal : "I was hoping you could tell me." He hits a button on his eyepatch going quiet for a moment "The Alliance ONI Specifically has been having some strange issues with our Servers and AI, As you may or may not know we use class I's or VI's--Well a few weeks ago ALL of the AI's in our capital ships vanished, Not a trace--the systems stopped working, It was as if the AI never existed--We're towing one of our carriers into Port as we speak, and we can't tell if this is some sort of Virus, attack or what."


 Phoenix  blinks and ponders a moment "That's a curious problem. Why do you think I can help with that?"

 Erich Zufreur  looks between the two "Well I figured someone such as your self and Miach even could help solve the problem."


 Flottemarschall Hannibal  nods "What he said, He's told me little things about what you've been capable of-- I feel a sentient being such as your self, more importanly a sentient being that lives and breaths networks would be able to find out what's causing them to Vanish--I mean an AI going selfaware I've seen but never just--poofing--when looking at the code there's nothing there, It's like the codes never existed at all."


 Flottemarschall Hannibal : "Of course we're willing to pay you as well as--offering you and your people our protection, not of the ENTIRE alliance mind you but my fleet."


 Phoenix : "We certainly have the ability to help. But surely you must have your own information security infrastructure - security AIs, grid bloodhounds, and so on. Why go around all that and engage someone like me?"


 Flottemarschall Hannibal  frowns "Any of our AI we send in either go rouge on us or dissapear, We don't have any sentients for obvious reasons--same thing happens on the grids, It's hard to secure an infastructure when your own infastructure seems to be attacking you."

 Phoenix  turns 90 degrees to the right and paces slightly "My terms are permanent and unconditional immunity from prosecution by the alliance for me and my people, a damages waiver for any collateral damage your assets sustain during the course of the investigation , and expenses incurred during or as a result of the investigation."


 Flottemarschall Hannibal  frowns thinking "I can grant you everything but unconditional immunity for the ENTIRE alliance--Western Europe I can do, but the North American and Asian branches are going to take sometime, Though I'm certain I can get them to agree."


 Phoenix  turns back toward him "Time is not a factor for me. Shall we reconvene when you've secured said agreement?"

 Flottemarschall Hannibal : "It's a factor for me, Look I know they'll agree and I also know the North Americans and Asians hold no grudges nor laws against sentients, it's only by Western European choice that those laws came to be--." He paused for a moment then snapped his finger "Erich can you come with me to Paris?"


 Erich Zufreur  raises an eyebrow "I could, but what for?"

 Flottemarschall Hannibal : "It would be best if I could get a Krieg to talk to the Council, I know we can have them repeal the law, and if you a veteran is there helping me? It's a done deal."

 Erich Zufreur  nods looking at Phoenix "If you don't mind covering security while I'm gone, I can go."

 Phoenix : "You know I'll take good care of her, my friend."

 Flottemarschall Hannibal  smiles turning to face Erich "Well Senior Chief Zufreur, Get on your uniform, we head out in an hour, but for now--I need a drink." he smiled between the two

 Phoenix : "I'll be happy to show you to our bar, Fleet Marshall."

 Erich Zufreur  nods "Jawohl Hannibal." Nods between the two heading off to change

 Flottemarschall Hannibal : "That'd be lovely Ms.PHoenix."

 Phoenix  smiles "This way."

Comments

  1. Phee, be as careful as careful can be
    for the Snark may be a Boojum, you see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts